Foam underwrap is a thin foam tape intended to be applied as a base layer between the skin and strapping tapes. Its primary purpose is to protect the skin from rubbing and irritation.
- Wrap the area you intend to tape in the underwrap – a single layer is usually enough.
- Foam underwrap has no stick at all but does cling lightly to itself. If you struggle with it, try some pre-tape adhesive or a thin smear of petroleum jelly to give it some tack.
- The underwrap does not need to be tight but try to keep it close to the skin without any slack (as pictured.)
- Once the area is wrapped, apply the strapping tape on top. (You need to get this part right first time, because if you pull back the tape the underwrap will tear away with it.)
- Once the tape job is complete, you can tear or cut away any excess underwrap which protrudes at the edges.